Bass, Berry & Sims has provided updated guidance on the employment-related provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the FFCRA regarding providing Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Emergency Family and Medical Leave Act (EFMLA) benefits under the Act. This guidance includes answers to some of the most frequently asked questions, such as:
- Who is a covered employer under the FFCRA?
- Do I have to provide FFCRA benefits to employees who are laid off or furloughed?
- How much EPSL do I have to pay to my employees?
- How do my current leave policies interact with EPSL?
- How much EFMLA leave do I have to pay?
- What are the differences between EFMLA and FMLA?
- Is intermittent leave permitted under the FFCRA?